xbox trying to charge a closed bank account

I just got a message on my bf's xbox that I needed to change my billing information. I looked at my account and it says that I've been a member since the seventh of this month. How is it possible for them to try to charge a closed bank account?

I'm not sure what to do. I'm short on money and would like to cancel my account without being charged for unknowingly renewing my xbox live. Is this possible?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You will need to contact Xbox Support to cancel your Xbox Live Gold account by following the steps indicated on this support document. support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

MS can only charge the payment instrument that you have provided to them. So if you closed that account but didn't update your payment instrument information with MS then they would still try to charge that account because they would not know it is or has been closed. It is very important that everyone keeps their billing information as current as possible to avoid situations like this.

When you contact Phone Support as suggested above they will require you to provide them with another payment instrument to pay for the balance owed due to the closed account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.