Xbox support call: Force GamerTag Change needed (Refrence Number)

Recently I had to create this new account for my xbox,

My friend told me that it is against the rules to put your name as your gamertag AFTER I made this my new account, so just literally 30 seconds ago

I got off the phone with an xbox support member telling me to post here asking for a "Force Gamertag Change"

He also told me to post this reference number for you to look at our convoersation: 1163284260

Please help as soon as possible. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there! Unfortunately you can't "request" an FNC. An FNC is a punishment for violating the terms and it reflects negatively on your account. I would recommend changing your GT yourself. The cost is 800msp and can be done on the console under My Xbox > Your Avatar Tile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, My gamertag violates the ToS. Therefore, I need to change it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ahh I see you made multiple threads now, after reading the first one.  Mister G is support, and what he says is true.  

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Brittney Durian"]No, My gamertag violates the ToS. Therefore, I need to change it.

[/quote]No, it doesn't violate anything.  "Brittney" is a common first name, so it not violating this policy, as it is not indenfying you personally: 

[quote]Don't give out personal information of other players (such as their real name, address, phone number, credit card number, etc.) in any way (including, without limitation, through voice chat or the names you create for your gamertag or mottos). This information could be used by other players for illegal or harmful purposes. You should also avoid giving out your own personal information.[/quote]...and you may also note that say's "You should also avoid giving out your own personal information".  Which was worded as a suggestion, not a mandate.

"Durian" is a fruit, the last time I checked there was nothing in the CoC about fruit. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Durian could be a last name or location. Regardless, Support can process the force gamertag change if it contains too much PII.  I would suggest trying to get through to another agent.

Sorry this didn't help.