Xbox stopped working in 1080p, only works in 480i

Hey!

So I have been moving my Xbox360 from two different locations, but when I plugged it in at home recently it no longer seemed to be able to run 1080p, and would only accept 480i. Resulting in a bland image, and not very vibrant colors. 

What could be the problem here? Did I plug in something wrong? Do I need this? http://bit.ly/uYUht6 (I left it in another location because it wasn't necessary previously).

All help appreciated =)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 63 Applies to:

Hi there,

You won't need that connecter as it's a SCART adapter. SCART doesn't do HD, it is a Standard Definition interface.  What cable are you using to hook your console up to your TV?

Reset the console display settings

If the display problem is still not resolved, reset the display settings of your console. Here's how:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
  2. Turn off the console.
  3. Turn on the console.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.

4. As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nvm, the HDTV output was set to "TV" as opposed to "HDTV". Flipped the switch and it's 1080p again xD

Thanks for the help though! If you would like to know, by following your steps, it switched over from 480i to 576i.

Again, thanks =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.