Xbox start up problem

This is the first time it's happened but when I switch my 360 on, it stays on the startup screen which is the big Xbox logo with Xbox 360 underneath it for a considerably long amount of time why is this? Ive restarted my Xbox three times and its still doing it, any help will be much appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Check your internet connection, it will hang if it is taking ages to sign your default profile in

I have searched through the support forums and found this thread as it is describing the exact problem you have.

It wouldn't be your internet connection as it will only take a couple of minutes to sign in offline. By the looks of it it could be that you need to clear your cache as that helped someone else in the thread I posted.

forums.xbox.com/.../144305.aspx

Will have a look now, cheers man.

No worries hope it helps you out. There is also details of how to clear the system update as well but I would try that last and just go for a normal clear system cache first

Doing it again after 3 week, works without harddrive in but obv need that, not even getting onto dashboard to clean systems cache, any help?