Xbox speed test

Ok I'm on virgin media with 60mb down and 3mb up and on the dashboard it says latency 159ms now is this good or bad

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Latency seems a bit high. Download speeds are good and upload speeds are decent.

I think it's because when you run the test it bounces ( probably a better way to describe it lol ) off a server in America so us in Europe get high latency ...

Usually though the lower the latency number the better, when I last tested from the Xbox Dashboard mine was around 140ms, if I run a speed test from my laptop it's only 5ms which is ALOT better lol

Yh my pong is always 20ms or lower

Ping. Stupid iPad

When we had a BT engineer last visit to sort out a problem, he told me anything below 50ms should be ok for gaming etc.

Makes me wonder how we are affected playing online on Xbox with such a high latency? maybe we are not but it has made me wonder in the past.

I to was wandering about this. I get 211ms.

Upload seems really low and the ping is too high. My advertised Verizon Fios speed is 75 down and 35 up, I get about 85 up and 35 down with a ping of 20ms on Ethernet.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

when you ping your internet connection... it pings your server... when the XB1 does it.. I believe it pings a MS server.... so your ISP should be lower (faster)

I have 90/50 with 9ms on PC and my 1 registers at 86ms 31/13