Xbox slim wireless to ASUS RT-N66U works very poor.

I recently changed my router to an ASUS RT-N66U and after that I got very bad wireless performance for the xboxes in my LAN. All other devices work just fine though. A quick search on the internet shows that I'm not the only one with this problem, but I have found no solution to it. Anyone here that can help?

I run my "main" xbox slim wired to the router, so I did not discover this issue until I turned on my second xbox slim that I rarely use (running wireless) and it started to download an update that took forever... I then checked the traffic between router and xbox and it averaged about 300kbits... I then turned off all my other wireless equipment, ran inSSIDer to make sure I was alone on my frequency, but no improvement. Restarted router, reconfigured router, did a factory reset on router but the problem remain. I then unplugged my first slim and configured wireless on that one too, but same poor performance to that unit as well! I can’t even stream content from PC to xbox without buffering any more. Signal strength is excellent for both xboxes. Router is running latest official firmware. Who to "blame", MS or ASUS?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 252 Applies to:
Answer

Left out the version.  It's Version  3.0.0.5.354.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.