Xbox Slim Running slow after Update on New HDD

So a couple days ago i got the promt for the new update. I tried to update and i recived and error ending in 8007-045D. I called Xbox and basically troubleshooted until they came to the conclusion my console was broke and i should send it in. the next day i purchased a new xbox 250GB, same as my old. I swapped the hdd and put my old hdd in the new xbox. the console prompted and update and the failed giving my a new code but the same ending number 8007-045D. I then proceeded to use the new hdd with the new xbox and got prompted an update.l The update went through effortlesly on the new hdd.Because of troubleshooting eorror i also lost my profiles on my old hdd. But i recovred my hitmanx123 account on the new harddrive and signed it. Everything was normal and smooth. I then swapped the new hdd with my old and tried the update hoping it would go.

To my amazment it updated but took quite a while, 6 minutes to be exact, for a simple system update. I then noticed after the update when the new xbox re-started, the xbox logo croze and took about 4 minutes to get to the dashboard. i then tried to redownload my account unto my old hdd which took much longer than the new one. After that was complete i was promted to sign in, i immediately noticed a lag in the promt to sign in as the pin wheel took 5-9 minutes just to display everything. my controler was also  not able to do anything. it was like my box was trying to process to much, even though its a brand new console. After a long prompt i was finally able to sign in which also took incredibly long (4 minutes). when the dahsboard sound was heard my xbox was still pin wheeling like it was going to load the dashboard. it then suddnely showed up but all the boxes that were normally supose to be displayed were blank and still pin-wheeling. my avatar was loaded, niether were friends or anything. only a few boxes, like movies/tv shows and things like that were loaded. when i tried to look at my frineds list through the guidebutton it took a while for the guide menu to load. i then click " friends" and the list loaded normally but thier gamer pics werent showing up. also my messages took a minute to load. I then went to memory in system settings and it took an unusual amount of time to load that too. i then proceeded to turn off my xbox. Everything seemed really slow on my old hdd.

My alternative i was going to use with the new hdd was to transfer my content from the old to new hdd. I did this yesterday and then downloaded my profile from xbox unto the new hdd with all my content. There was only a few things left on the old hdd that i did want or that were already on the new hdd. the same slowness occured after downloading my profile. basically everthing from there occured again. This dissapointed me a lot because i am assuming there something wrong with my games but i have alreayd tested my games on the new console as well as my old and they all load up. the only issue im having is my console loading slow and acting slow on xbox live. if anyone could tll me what to do, like anything, besides deleted my games, i would greeatly appreciate it. as stated before, my old hdd and xbox wer eperfectly fine this week before the update, so my guess is its the update, even if some people were able to get it with no problems. it seems some people are also having similar issues..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

Hello there!

It sounds like the problem could be internet speed based. Judging by what you're saying, the xbox is taking a long time to download data for the dashboard - such as adverts, marketplace information and friend data - as opposed to anything else.

support.xbox.com/.../performance should be able to guide you through trouble shooting your connection, and enable you to find out if there are any problems with your settings.

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have fixed this issue by purchasing a new hdd and transferign again. my internet was fine before and even during the issue, i was able to sign perfectly fast and fine when i had use dthe new hdd from the new xbox, but when i switched back to the old it took forver.  im am pretty certain something with the update messed up my old hdd or caused an issue specific to that model hdd since there have and are other occurances of the same type.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.