xbox slim restarts randomly

okay well, my xbox slim (4gb/no hard drive) I've had it for about two months and it's been working perfectly until yesterday. It was fine all day but I brought it home from my girlfriend's house and after playing for about an hour it shut off. I thought maybe it was overheating but then I put a fan actually in front of it until it cooled down a little but then I plugged it back in and without turning it on manually it turned itself on and off again and it does that repeatedly if it's plugged in and I turned it off for the night, went to school the next day and when I came home I plugged it back in and it was still doing the same thing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Since it is the S model, I am pretty sure it is the power button on the console. The button can be very sensitive to even the lightest vibrations from, say, you walking past it. When you were moving it, you might have caused something inside the console to move and make the power button even more sensitive. Try jumping when the console is on. Did it shut off? If it did, the button is your problem. Do not freak out, you do not need a replacement! Place the console somewhere sturdy where it will not receive any vibrations or movement from people moving around.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.