Xbox Slim PSU

So I bought the limited edition Halo Reach xbox slim back in August 2010 and two months late my xbox would just start randomly shutting off after 30-45 mins of game play. I noticed that the light on the psu would be off & I then followed the troubleshooting issues from the support site here but to no avail  I continued to have these issues throughout the month and ended up getting so annoyed that I just gave up on the system entirely.  I didn't even consider using my warranty because of  Microsft's **** customer service & from becoming completely fed up with all my xbox issues that span from my very first xbox being defective out of the box & then my very first 360 RRoD on me only after 6 months.  Any how, after about 14 months of just letting me slim be just a room decoration on my entertainment center, I decided to give it a try & well it would only last for 20 mins of game play & the damn slim would crap out.  I tried everything the support site said & nothing works.  I can't get a new one because my warranty is gone & a lot of other places sell crappy third party replacements.  Any ideas on what I should do to this crappy slim or should I just give up forever & never purchase another Microsoft console again?   

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

A few key details on the console can assist in accuracy of the responses.

So, a few off the bat questions:

is it possibly an overheating issue?

is it a modded system?

are  you using a psu from an older 360?

fyi, sometimes it could be that the fan isnt spinning, and that will cause it to overheat and shutoff.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Not overheating

It's not a modded system

I'm using the slim psu that came with the system

I checked the fan & it is working just fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Reaper9187"]

I didn't even consider using my warranty because of  Microsft's **** customer service & from becoming completely fed up with all my xbox issues that span from my very first xbox being defective out of the box & then my very first 360 RRoD on me only after 6 months.  

So this is your excuse for not using the warranty when the issue began? If you had just contacted phone support about this you may not even be here right now complaining about it/looking for help. Next time, don't wait, regardless of what you think of the company. (Honestlly if you feel that way about them and their service you should not even be buying/using their prodcuts/service.)

I can't get a new one because my warranty is gone & a lot of other places sell crappy third party replacements.  

Do not let any other retailer/repair shop service your console. Microsoft is the only approved repair center for them. Using anyone other than them will result in a permanent console ban from XBL and will void any remaining warranties.

Any ideas on what I should do to this crappy slim or should I just give up forever & never purchase another Microsoft console again?   

Contact phone support and see if it is covered under warranty. Even if it is not they will offer to repair it for a fee.

[/quote]

Sorry this didn't help.