Xbox slim problem.

On the release of GoW3 i obtained a GoW3 xbox 360 aswell as a GoW3 armored vault. During the first week it was all fun and dandy till one morning i got on the 360 and as it got to the point of trying to sign in to xbox live the 360 shut down, it wouldnt allow me to turn it on there were no red lights on the 360 or the power brick so i just unplugged then plugged it back in and it was working so i dismissed it. then about 3 days ago it happened yet again same problem but this time i left it and it turned itself back on after about 5 minutes then yet again shut down. It also happened yesterday and yet again today so i took it in and got a replacement from EB Games, so far it hasn't happened again but i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue so i can at least put my mind at ease. i ended up cutting out the overheating possibility when in discussion with the EB store manager, we figured it couldn't be overheat since there were no red lights going off on anything etc and it always happened only after a few minutes.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

that's the problem though, there was no heat it wasn't even slightly warm because it would shut itself off pretty much as soon as I turned it on, plus I can't find any reports of anyone having overheating when using a Calibur11 vault and even then it's generally guaranteed to improve airflow since it lifts the console off the "ground".

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You could have had problems with overheating with the vault attached.  However, I don't really know for sure.  But generally it is not a good idea attaching those third party accessories to your Xbox because they can restrict the air flow and cause the unit to overheat and then it will usually just shutdown.  You don't always get the red lights coming on.  One of my old Xboxes would just shut off when it got too hot.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.