Xbox Slim power brick louder than xbox itself

This has recently happened, have no idea why but it's really annoying me. The xbox is whisper quiet, but the power brick makes this high pitched noise. Can I get a replacement if I phone up microsoft?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If your console is within warranty yes. Not sure why its making a noise as to my knowledge it has no moving parts

I bought it 3 months ago, so I assume it's within warranty? I did a bit of reading and apparantly there's a fan inside it! Maybe it's because its been really hot past few days, but I doubt thats it as I've moved house recently and it's more ventilated than before!

Take it back to from where you purchased it, they should exchange the powerbrick for you. Or ring support, im sure they will send you a new brick.

[quote user="SquisheeMuffin"]

This has recently happened, have no idea why but it's really annoying me. The xbox is whisper quiet, but the power brick makes this high pitched noise. Can I get a replacement if I phone up microsoft?

[/quote]

My daughters slim console started doing this about a month after purchase, it ran fine but it just seemed to get louder, I took it back to GAME and they replaced it.

Id not use it until you replace it. Something is wrong with it and is a possible fire risk if you leave it plugged in!!, trust me I had the same with a battery drill and charger only to find out the hard way.

If its only 3 months its under warranty ,get it swapped :)