xbox slim hdmi won't synch

I traded in my red ringed original while 360 for a refubied xbox slim at gamstop.  My old xbox was via  connected component .  The Xbox slim will not synch to my 1080 Toshiba or my wife's insignia 1080p.  however it synchs right up to the test monitor at gamestop.

I was on with xbox support for 2 hours last night,  The yellow button/right trigger does not resolve.  I went back to gamestop tonight, it connect right up there, I had them turn the discovery off, reboot then enable again.  I brought it home and it still no signal.  I've tried multiple hdmi cables and ports.  My cable box and blue ray work fine via hdmi.  when I connect using the same cord/ports it gets no signal.

Any help?  Should I get a replacement?  Should I just get component cables?  Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Are you saying that you did a display settings reset? If you haven't can you try it?

Reset the console display settings.

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
  2. Turn off the console.
  3. Turn on the console. Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.
  4. As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling RT. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

Can you try clearing the cache and re-installing the latest system update?

Clear the cache.

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
  6. Restart your Xbox.
  7. Repeat steps 1-6 one more time.

Re-install the latest system update.

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Highlight but do not select your internal storage device.
  4. Input this button sequence: LB RB X LB RB X
  5. Follow the prompts.

If none of that works then you may have received a defective console. Gamestop normally has a short limited warranty on referbs. If it still doesn't work then I'd bring it in and ask them to swap it out for another one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sorry, I should have told you to try hooking it up via component before clearing the cache and re-installing the system update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.