Xbox slim hard drive issues

Ok so around holiday time this year I bought the Xbox slim with kinect. I also got a 250 gb internal hard drive. I've recently began to run out of space because I share the console. There were a couple of things I was wondering about 1.) should I purchase a new internal hard drive (320 gb). And if so, is there a way to transfer my content from my old hard drive to my new. (note: I am not getting a new Xbox just a new hard drive) 2.) considering the fact that buying a new internal hard drive would only leave me around 130 gb left, should I buy an external hard drive. If so, what are your reccomendations for a good sized external hard drive? Thanks in advance, you can also message me on Xbox live, my gamer tag is BruisingCrowd

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi, you can transfer data from your old hard drive to the new one using the data transfer cable as described in the link below.

-

www.xbox.com/.../transfer

-

As for your question regarding external hard drives, no matter what size hard drive you get you can only use 16GB for your Xbox storage.

-

You could also use a USB flash drive to transfer your content but as you seem to have a lot to move I would recommend using the data transfer cable. Please ensure that if you do get the data transfer cable that it is a genuine Microsoft certified cable otherwise you can have all sorts of issues and end up with hard drives that will not work as Xbox hard drives.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

forums.xbox.com/.../14226.aspx

-

The link above contains information regarding using third party transfer cables and the consequences.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would buy a new 320gb for your 360

www.xbox.com/.../320-GB-HDD

Here is a link on how to transfer data

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, BruisingCrowd. Do you need any further assistance? If so, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.