xbox series x audio crackling sound

I'm having an audio crackling sound whenever I boot up watchdog legion I can test to see if it's just the game do not know what to do I have reset the console turn of the controller and taking out the batters switch the controller and it's still hearing the crackling sound  
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You hot the nail on the head. I notced mine in Division 2 and also on the main xbox home page like yoi mentioned. I swear i think it has to do with noise being picked up off the keying/button pressing on the contoller. Dod you ever fogure anything out?

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This happens to me when I am playing AC Valhalla. I have been playing for about a couple of weeks. It just starting doing this, and it seems to be getting worse.     

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Related to the crackling and static noises in the Dashboard: I asked myself yesterday, why isn't it still possible to deactivate menu sounds? This wasn't possible with the Xbox One and also wasn't possible with the new Dashboard-Update last year. The settings of the Xbox Consoles are barebone at it's best. Even without the crackling and static noises which sometime occur, I just want to deactivate these stupid loud "Tocks" and "Blings" every time I do something in the Dashboard.

And that's what I currently actually think: These annoying system sounds are too loud which leads to the sound problems when specific sounds occur. It's horrible. They should just give us finally some accessibility on this old *** UI/Dashboard.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I close all network and connection.. The cracking is still there.. Is a hardware (faulty sound card) or software. Im a little bit disappoint that microsft dont adress this problem.. The cracking sound is a little bit to invasive..because is not only on dashboard.. But in some occasion also in games (watch dog legion, gear tactis and some others)  

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to be so direct, but again, blaming the Hardware is complete BS. The problem is known since the Xbox One days and it's clearly not a faulty soundcard or a faulty HDMI-Port or whatsoever. As you read, people are experiencing different problems with the sound. For a while now I had the problem with the crackling and static noises in games and also a delayed audio in games and in the Dashboard. Both problems were gone after a soft reset of the console. Of course the crackling and static noises you hear sometime in the Dashboard while browsing through the Dashboard remains.

It's Software related but why this is happening isn't solved. It's a problem lasting for almost 10 years now with Microsoft consoles. We also came to the conclusion a hardware problem must have a far bigger impact like no sound at all or heavy distorted sound effects that cause you to actually mute the whole sound. If this happens within the Dashboard, only specific sounds are causing it.

If this happens in the game it's either a problem within bad optimization or like in my case, do a soft reset of the console, plug off the console for a few hours and plug it back in. The problem should be gone. Also, it only happens to a few selected titles and the studio is aware of the problem.

But you are right with one thing, Microsoft is not adressing the problem and therefore there will never be a solution. And I say, this problem will stay as long as they cling to this old system they are using. Send in your console and I guarantee you you will be disappointed like so many other people from here because nothing had changed with the new replaced console.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

But if this is a software problem.. I will have aspect far far more people's talk about this issue.. Maybe most of the people don't even notice the peoblem.. I dont know what to say' too me is pretty noticeable (if its only in dashboard i will not have problem..but is also there in a lot of games) 

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

So I've been following roughly 20 threads on this forum and Reddit all relating to same issue.

To summarize:

- Audio cracks and pops that happen randomly. Worse on some games. Nothing you can really do about it besides restarting console and seeing if it improves for a while.

- Audio cracks, pops and cut-offs that are mostly predictable and happen in the menus/dashboard. Easy way to test is just to open settings, press home button, go to main home, open settings again, repeat. Should produce an audio crackle/sound cut-off on the action sound.

Usual triggers are open and closing games/apps, achievements popping up, settings menu, browsing the store, making selections, etc.

- Possible 5G WiFi interference with controller that worsens audio problem frequency.

- Audio problems appear to worsen when there are downloads happening in the background.

- Happens on ALL Xbox One and Xbox Series models.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same initially on my Series S.  Drove me mad.  For me, I indentified the issue was the use of an in-line HDMI smart switch, that allowed me to link other devices into the HDMI input on my TV.   Once I removed, all was instantly fine. 

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem with the Dashboard pops and cracklings could, like I wrote before, fixed if they finally give us the option to turn off these annoying menu sounds. I mean, really, it's just a matter of accessibility. People are asking since the Xbox One era if Microsoft can build in the option to just turn them off, every console is capable of such a task. Truth is, when it comes to accessibility, the Xbox Dashboard is completely barebone and somehow Microsoft refuse to either work on the Dashboard or give us simply more options to customize the own user experience. When it comes to my own experience, when I'm in the Dashboard, I mute my TV. Not because the occasional pop ins or crackling sounds, but these overall Dashboard sounds are driving me nuts.

I also use HDMI-Switches for my PlayStation 4, PlayStation Mini, Switch and UHD-Player. Because my TV only have 3 HDMI ports which is laughable for such a new model. But the Xbox is plugged in alone on the only native 4K port. So the HDMI-Switches are not the culprits here. Also, none of the above systems is having any problems with the video or audio due to an HDMI-Switch. I had my Xbox One plugged in on such a switch but the experience was just the same as it is now.

Yeah, my very positive opinion about the Series S is starting to fade. Not because of the system itself (which is a little powerhouse), but the barebone work Microsoft has done so far. I still feel like I just continue using my Xbox One. Now I have problems with the Controller. There is a lag after some time and the Controller isn't responding anymore right after I press a button. But the biggest problem is, the A-Button isn't working properly. That's also based on a faulty design since the Xbox One era. The A-Button on every standard Controller kinda sucks, but some are worse. Send it in for replacement and I will receive the third Controller in such a short time.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Being able to turn off menu sounds would be nice but it's silly that they can't resolve it.

I also had to swap my controller twice due to A button not always registering presses. Very annoying.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2021 Views 11,395 Applies to: