Xbox Security - A Day In the Life of Idiocy

I have a tale to tell. A tale of wanting to change the email address that is connected to my gamertag.

A tale of spending 3 hours searching for answers and talking to Microsoft tech support which ended in nothing being achieved what so ever.

First, a little history. I signed on with Microsoft back when the original X BOX came out. I have been a firm fan and a loyal customer for many years now, and although I own a PS3 it rarely got much use. No I dedicated my time and money for gaming to Microsoft. Sure, theres been some slip ups and some mistakes along the way, but then thats pretty normal in a consoles lifespan. I say this so that you understand that far from being a Sony "Fanboy" I was actually very loyal to Microsoft.

That is until I tried to change the email linked to my Gamertag.

When you're told that I need to create a dummy account to assist in the process, you know there is something seriously wrong. When this process fails UTTERLY to achieve anything anyway. You have concrete evidence, that some thing is wrong.

Now im pretty sure Microsoft wont miss one man's time and money, I'm pretty sure they couldn't give less of a f**k. I just wanted people to know that after all these years, after all the time I stood by them and stayed loyal, THIS was the point that I decided to be a fool no longer.

Goodbye and good riddance Xbox. Make way for your superiors. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They have my account so screwed up I can't make purchases from my console or through their website. I have to purchase a points card, input it, then I can get stuff.

-

I also cannot log into my microsoft account. It gives me an error. So I cannot view billing history, etc.

-

I have spent hours upon hours chatting on the pc and phone with them, all to no avail. It has been elevated at least half a dozen times.

-

So yeah for the moment I am with you on the frustrations of their idiocy.

Yes MS's ways are so stupid it hurts, but why come here and say "Goodbye and good riddance Xbox. Make way for your superiors" ?  Suck it up and work through the problem.  Don't be a baby-man.  

I've tried working through mine for about 18 months....I finally gave up

What seems to be the problem? It shouldnt be hard to get your account straightened out.Have you updated all your info on this site such as address,zipcode and payment info? Getting into your MS account(Outlook) shouldnt be hard.Unless you dont have a secondary email  that you have linked to your MS account.

Sounds like the OP followed steps from phone. Ive changed my email several times and its fairly simple

I changed my e-mail while on my Xbox to a other e-mail I had and it worked fine.

No big deal.

All I did was type in my old e-mail and password then change to a new one and type all in. 

Took me less then 3 min. 

@low..to whom are you asking the question?

Well the op ran off in disgust, so it's useless to try to help him.

I am guessing the OP is talking about an error code that pops up on older accounts when you try to change the email asociated with your gamertag. If so OP I had the same issue with my old gamertag. After tech looked at my gamertag they couldn't figure out the problem and said it wasn't fixable. I gave up after 3 phone calls, got my membership refunded in form of a prepaid code and started a new gamertag. It is annoying to say the least and if this is the case In regards to you OP, I dont blame you for being frustrated, all the time, work and dlc lost due to an unfixable error.

@mgzin66-I was asking you.