Xbox screwed me over, what do I do

Ok so my girlfriend"s xbox would not read discs, games, DVDs, etc. So I had to send it in for a repair 6 months after she purchased it. It Just came back today scratched, probably from a razor knife with the tamper seal sticker missing and NOT REPAIRED. The problem is, it was not like that when she sent it off and the bubble wrap which was cut off probable by a razor knife is what scratched it. They are blaming her and not repairing saying the warranty is voided. She knows nothing about electronics, can hardly even play the thing and they think she tampered with her *** system? Its **** and I never thought i would see this from microsoft being a loyal customer for over 10 years now. Don't know what to do, I realize its only 99 dollars to fix but its the concept of what is happening. what should i do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Oh one more thing, they told me that once they saw that the tamper seal was messed up, that they did not touch it or preform any maintenance on it, then how the *** did they get the hard drive out if the first thing they do is check that?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The tamper sticker is under the faceplate or hard drive. If that's been tampered with then they won't go near it. Was the console bought used?

Sorry this didn't help.

When you send the console in for repair you aren't supposed to send anything with it. The hard drive should have been removed before you shipped it. Do you have any pictures of what it looked like before you sent it? With time and date stamps?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah she did take pictures and thats what they are asking for now, but they still haven't sent her the email to send it to. That's what I thought about the hard drive but she told me it didn't tell her to remove it.

She bought the console brand new from Best Buy, and the tamper sticker that they referred to is on the back of the xbox on the left side right where the upper and lower halves connect. She has the newer version xbox as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Even if they didn't tell her, there are instructions to take off any accessories from the email that they send you.

Sorry this didn't help.