Xbox scratched my halo reach disc

I have not moved or bumped the console....and the disc now has a circular scratch around the outside, about a 1/4 inch from the disc edge.....I found fixes on line (cleaning with toothpaste then washing it off)...but I am concerned that any residue grit from the toothpaste will ruin the xbox itself....I understand from reading other posts that this is a known issue for microsoft, but as their "testers" could not reproduce the scratch issue they have said it was user error...the fact there are multiple UTube fix-it vids/posts about this issue tells me it is a wide spread problem...I dont wanna have to buy a new game disc as the console made the scratch...and will do it again in the future until I find out why it happened in the first place.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If the game still works with no problems and you have hard drive space, the best thing to do is install the game on your xbox. You can also try taking it to a game store that can fix scratches. Also if your console was standing up when it did this, lay it down.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do what DSAnime said. If you were offered a replacement policy for the game when you bought it, return it to the store for a new one. Call Xbox Support and tell them, some Microsoft Games can be replaced.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.