Xbox Says There Is Another Controller On When There Isn't

When my xbox is on, it says that there is another controller on when there actually isn't. Then this controller starts pressing the xbox home button and it interferes with my gameplay. This happened on an original xBox and I took it to Gamestop and they said to buy a new one. So I did which is this xbox right now that I have and it is doing the same exact thing. Also, when I turn off the xbox, it immediately turns itself back on and says there is another controller on when there isn't. Does anyone know what I can do to make this problem stop?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello there, I see you have guitar hero, could be your guitar causing this, check to make sure the guide button isn't being pressed in on the guitar or the batteries are going flat.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh my god!!!!!! You actually fixed it! YOU ACTUALLY FIXED IT!!!!!!That *** never even occrued to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

You're welcome, this isn't as uncommon as you may think, there have been several people with exactly the same issue this past week. Being a big fan of the guitar hero/rockband games myself I always check to see if the person posting has any guitar hero games in the played games list and it's a fair bet the guitar is the culprit.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.