XBOX SAYING MY ACCOUNT IS NOT ACTIVE.

PLEASE HELP!!!  I HAVE AN XBOX GOLD MEMBERSHIP, BUT WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN IT SAYS THAT MY ACCOUNT IS NOT ACTIVE AND TO TRY TO SIGN IN USING AN ACTIVE XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT.  WHAT'S THE DEAL?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

When a Windows Live ID is not used for a long period of time, it is deleted. Problem is, an Xbox LIVE gamertag linked to the deleted Windows Live ID still thinks it is linked to a Windows Live ID. Even if a new Windows Live ID is created with the same email address, it is not in return linked back to the Xbox LIVE gamertag. This makes it impossible to recover the gamertag or do anything with the gamertag that would require the Windows Live ID, including switching it to a new Windows Live ID.

For me personally, this problem is bad because I had assets in my Xbox LIVE gamertag that I can't get to now, but they're clearly visible when viewing my account from another account, so it's still there.

Using Live Messenger integration on the Xbox 360 console (even if you have no friends set up) will force the Windows Live ID (WLID) sign-in to remain active.

Using the WLID on a website (such as xbox.com, billing.microsoft.com) will also reset the expire timer

Only signing into Xbox Live itself on the console doesn’t reset the WLID timer; it’s the second login of Messenger that is counted.

If you are in the situation where the WLID has expired:

1) Do not perform an Account Recovery – No matter what level of troubleshooting is ever asked of you, by anyone, as doing this will strip access to the Xbox Live account because the Windows Live ID checks will fail.

2) Do not attempt to switch Windows Live IDs through the console – This will also fail with weird error messages

3) Do not re-create the Windows Live ID – Even though it will have the same member name (email address), it is NOT the same Windows Live ID, and Xbox Live will become even more confused, potentially breaking any account related to the new Windows Live ID that has the same name as the one that is expired.

Saying that, you can get your email recovered here:

support.xbox.com/.../gamer-profile.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.