XBOX S model Disc Tray Closing after been opened less than 10 secs.

Hi My Xbox started closing by itself after having the disc tray open for less than 10 seconds while putting away or putting a new disc on. I don't know if it was after an update or. What is there any way to fix it or stop it thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello MHSAZTK,  try cleaning the button with a soft cloth; sometimes dirt on the touch sensitive button can cause it to behave erratically. If that doesn't work request a repair here:myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx or call Microsoft at (800) 469-9269

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi MHSAZTK, I had a similar problem with my Slim a few months ago, Like Ibn Mars has suggested, I cleaned the button with a cloth but I had no luck, my console also refused to eject games or read discs occasionly, have you had problems with it ejecting also? Or reading discs? I would love to know if you did!

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't try cleaning it I will try and see how that goes. I haven't had problems with ejecting or reading discs so far. All Mine does is close the tray after less than 10 seconds or so opened. Other than that it works great.

Sorry this didn't help.