xbox ripped me off for 8 months of a 12 month subscription

I'd just like to start off by saying that xbox is the biggest rip off ever and i will never spend my money on anything microsoft related again........ I used to be a ps3 fan and got sick of crappy online play and things like that....so i decided to get an xbox, figuring if i have to pay for my online play it should be better......well i was **** for assuming so,,,,it is the same crap that happens on ps3 i really have no idea why we pay for this *** and to top it all off out of a 12 month subcription i bought, i only got 4 months of play out of it,,,because for some reason xbox has decided to take the other 8 away from me and do absolutely nothing about it,,,,,i called the support number and the woman searched for a good hour for some type of record but was not able to find anything at all for my subcription for 12 months,,,but was able to see the two map packs i purchased no problem,,,she told me to try and find the pre paid card i used with the pin on it which i threw out the day i activated the subscription,,,,seriously???? who is going to keep those after it's been activated? it is useless after the activation.... I think it's the biggest bunch of **** i have ever heard and i think i will be going back to ps3 where at least it is free to deal with these problems

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Check your math. Check your records. You should have a record of activating the code. Call 18004myxbox with that record at hand

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You might have miscalculated.

Sorry this didn't help.

Check your email as well. You are sent a confirmation after redeeming a code.

Sorry this didn't help.

After redeeming a code, I always go into Account Management on the dashboard to see when the membership expires, yes, it does give you a date.  If you do this and the date doesn't add up, you can call support to correct the problem BEFORE it expires.  I've never had a problem redeeming card codes and it's safer than using credit cards...:-)

Sorry this didn't help.

well i'm sure i had a record of it... but after reading my msgs i delete them all,,,but still, i shouldn't have had to do any of this if a person pays for 12 months,,,,they should get they're 12 months......and i just find it really strange that they have absolutely no record of it at all. but they have record of the two map packs i bought for black ops....i dunno,,,,,thanks for help in any case...i guess i'm just going to have to go back on my statement of never buying anything from microsoft again and just  buy another 12 month and this time keep my card so they can't *** me this time lol ...cheers!!

Sorry this didn't help.

well i hope crap like that doesnt happen to you again, i have had np like that my self..

Sorry this didn't help.

Idk, I dont think I believe you much... your saying you have no record at all? and you said you delete your msgs after reading your emails (sure, some people delete msgs afterwards, but still strange), but if you "read" them, you should know what they said.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="H3LLFIR326"]

well i'm sure i had a record of it... but after reading my msgs i delete them all,,,but still, i shouldn't have had to do any of this if a person pays for 12 months,,,,they should get they're 12 months......and i just find it really strange that they have absolutely no record of it at all. but they have record of the two map packs i bought for black ops....i dunno,,,,,thanks for help in any case...i guess i'm just going to have to go back on my statement of never buying anything from microsoft again and just  buy another 12 month and this time keep my card so they can't *** me this time lol ...cheers!!

[/quote]

Do you have a recipt? They also send you an email warning you before your gold expires so I don't see how it was a surprise. They do have a record but the burden of proof is on you here. 

Sorry this didn't help.

dude i'm really not that lame of a person to come on here and lie to you all.....i wasn't given any email to say that my subscription was about to expire and as for what i said about deleting all my msgs,,,,i just mean in general i don't like my inbox to be full of msgs that i have already read....and honestly the lady i was talking to said there was no record at all of me ever having xbox live gold edition,,,but she was able to see the 2 map packs i bought for call of duty black ops,,,, i'm confused as well,,,and i know it all sounds pretty far fetched but this is what happened.....anyway i bought another 12 month subscription and i have kept the receipt and everything to do with the purchase so this doesn't happen again

Sorry this didn't help.

sounds like 14 year old jimmy got a hold of his dad's credit card and his dad found out and cancelled it without telling him.....

Sorry this didn't help.