Xbox Rewards - the Punch Card

Just discovered this new addition to Xbox Rewards program for April - http://rewards.xbox.com/mypunchcard/ 

-

Roll with the Punches,
Reap the Rewards!

Welcome to MyPunchcard, an exclusive feature intended for our most loyal members. By playing games and completing other fun activities, Xbox LIVE Rewards members can earn punches for big rewards. Each Punchcard is unique and new ones are popping up all the time, so stop by often and see if you're up to the challenge!

Unlock Your
April Rewards 01/04/13 - 30/04/13

Only the most devoted Arcade fans have what it takes to black out all three Arcade Punchcards. Those who do will be guaranteed a spot in an upcoming VIP Exclusives!

Eat. Sleep. Game.
REWARD:EXCLUSIVE AVATAR ITEM
Game on! Play any combination of Xbox LIVE Arcade games for a total of five hours to get a punch. Complete all four punches to receive the Reward!
Collect Games, Get Gold
REWARD:1-MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP
Now's the time to add to your Arcade game collection! Purchase any Arcade game* from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace to earn a punch. Get all four punches to nab the Reward! 

*Xbox LIVE Arcade game purchases must be 400 Microsoft Points or more.
Spend More, Get More
REWARD:800 MICROSOFT POINTS
Our biggest Arcade fans get the biggest Reward! For every 800 Microsoft Points you spend on Arcade games, you'll get a punch.Earn all four punches to get the Reward!
It can take 3 – 5 days for a Punchcard activity to show as complete. All completed Punchcards are fulfilled at the end of the month. Click here to learn more!

Discussion Info

Last updated October 29, 2018 Views 139 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The avatar reward is a guy throwing an American football i think... Not interested.

-

Look what the PSN get and look what we get, its embarrassing.

I agree, its not really a reward, but for two of the "rewards" you can do at the same time, some out there do buy plenty of Arcade games per month, so buy 4 at 800 or more each, get 800 back and a free month of gold...better then their usual offerings

-

But thats not saying much

PSN this month according to someone I know in the US. Spent $50, get $10 extra from us. Anyone else think its strange Microsofts is pretty much spend $40 get $10 free ?

sorry its in $ but that's how the points converters work best.

Now how about removing those adverts and giving us some non kinect games free this year eh Microsoft ?

I mean you had 10 free Kinect games last year would it kill you to have some more arcade games free ?

People make me laugh about the adverts, I don't even notice them, and if your playing a game you don't see the. Anyway

[quote user="Flaming Pingu"]

People make me laugh about the adverts, I don't even notice them, and if your playing a game you don't see the. Anyway

[/quote]

That's one thing I can honestly say is that the adverts don't bother me at all. So use to seeing them everywhere these days I just ignore them. 

I know think people aren't happy inless there moaning

[quote user="Flaming Pingu"]I know, think people aren't happy unless their moaning.[/quote]I don't see anything wrong, or that it is moaning, to voice issue with the advertising on the dashboard.

The dashboard has shifted from putting the functions of the console first, to selling additional content. Is it really wrong in your eyes to voice displeasure at that change?

I'm not sure that these rewards are all that great though. The Avatars have very much been pushed to the side-line on the dash, so is an item worth it? The next wants you to spend the cost of three months LIVE to get one month and lastly you have what is essentially a buy three get one free offer.

They seem to be designed for people who are already spending a great deal of money on the XBLA rather than offering something to encourage people to do so.

You must have a really strange Xbox if it's showing you ads before letting you use the content :)

Seriously though, people always blow this out of proportion. Don't like the ads? Sell your Xbox. Simple. Microsoft are not going to change something that is majorly profitable, just because some people get fussy about seeing an advert. It just aint gonna happen.

[quote user="Mr XBob"]You must have a really strange Xbox if it's showing you ads before letting you use the content :)[/quote]You've either mistaken what I wrote or deliberately done so. No mention was made of functions being locked off, merely that they are no longer at the fore-front of the dashboard design.

Look at the three major evolutions of the dashboard.

First we had the Blades. Very minimal advertising and the functions of the console at the fore-front.

Next was the NXE. Defaulted to Spotlight, essentially a place for advertising, but you could easily flick the left analogue stick up and all the console functions were in the nice and neat My Xbox channel. Have no LIVE connection and the console would default to My Xbox.

Metro is the last entry. Here selling additional content is at the fore-front, with the functions of the console reduced to the smaller squares. Disconnect from LIVE and the bulk of screen real estate is dedicated to trying to get you to connect.

Hopefully I've explained myself a little better this time.

[quote user="Mr XBob"]Don't like the ads? Sell your Xbox. Simple.[/quote]No, it isn't that simple. This change has come late to the console's life-cycle. People have quite a lot of money and content tied up in their 360. Selling would essentially put people in 'negative equity.'

What will be simpler however is the choice of which company to initially support next generation.

[quote user="Mr XBob"]Microsoft are not going to change something that is majorly profitable, just because some people get fussy about seeing an advert.[/quote]Of course their not but that doesn't mean people should not voice their displeasure about it. That they should not comment on the shift from console function to selling additional content as the priority of the dashboard.

The current dashboard sucks, one of the worst designed user interfaces I've ever used.  Regardless of whether Microsoft change it or not, there is nothing wrong with criticising it.

Its purpose is to be functional and allow me to access content and features quickly and efficiently; I can't do that when it is slow, has a terrible layout and two thirds of my screen is filled with crap I don't care about.