Xbox resest Router

Hi all,

Recently upgraded my old white Xbox, to the new black one with inbuilt wireless.

Now, whenever i try to connect to my router via wireless, my Xbox discovers the network fine, but as soon as i select it and enter the network password, my router immediately turns itself off and restarts. It will continue to do this until i disconnect the xbox from attempting to connect to the network.

I connected to live manually with a LAN cable and it had no worries, just when i use wireless.

Any suggestions guys or is this a problem with my router?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The router turns off? That is very strange indeed

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers mate.

Im new to this jazz and i am a technical pariah, so i cant answer a few of those questions, apologies.

Queensland Australia.

Modem/Router is a Netcomm NB6+4w

Wireless Network.

Internal Wireless (360S)

Have tried what was listed above, as well as resting the router and attempting to reconnect with no other wireless device interfering (eg. Laptop)

Internet connection is ADSL 2+

Provider is Telstra

Not sure if this will help any, was mostly hoping someone else had seen this before a new a fix, if its something that seems a rarity i may just replace my router and hope it doesn't come back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you check to see if there is a newer version of firmware available for your router? It is the software that is the brains of the router, a bit like windows on a PC, its always best to ensure you have the latest version.

Sorry this didn't help.