Xbox refuses to connect to router, internet or live

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England, UK
Modem brand & model number:
Router brand & model number: Huawei HG532
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Yes
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? TalkTalk
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000-0000
X: 8000-0011
Y: 0000-0000
Z: 0000-0000
ID: 0000-0005
L: 8015-1000
Q: 8007-0435
T: Wireless
D: 0.0.0..0, 0.0.0.0
S:WPA2
C:0

I have only just received this new router, yesterday in fact!  It was working fine yesterday, and today also.  I changed the SSID of my router this evening, and my xbox stopped connecting to the internet (I set it up to work with the new SSID, but it refused!).  I changed the SSID back, and it worked fine again.  Curious, I changed the SSID again, and again it stopped working.  So I gave up and changed the SSID back to default...

However at this point my xbox decided to just not work with either name, and since then I have been unable to connect to the router.  Any ideas??

When the test fails, the suggestions are that I have used the incorrect wireless password, or have selected the incorrect network.  Neither of these are correct

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:

Try contacting you ISP and ask them to reset your connection or Contact your router's brand and tell them the problems your having

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the speedy reply, gunner!  I'll try that on the morrow and let you know how I get on.

Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Next, I would suggest Resetting the Factory (Network) Settings. Tap on the silver Guide button again, go two clicks to the right, choose Settings, System Settings,  Network Settings, then choose your connection (WIRED if Ethernet, otherwise the SSID of your WiFi connection), then Configure Network. Copy down the settings  for IP (auto/manual, IP address, subnet mask and gateway) as well as DNS (auto/manual, primary DNS server, secondary DNS server), then go one click right to  Additional settings. If anything is _not_ blank or Not Set, make a note of those settings as well, then go to the bottom and choose Restore to Factory Defaults  and confirm. Then power down the console, wait 8 secs or more, power back up and reconnect.

Now, some NAT problems are subtle and don't appear in the Test Xbox Live Connection test. Most likely there's a port blocked... ports can be blocked in your router,  modem, or at your ISP. Since the Xbox 360 uses different ports than PCs & Macs use, you can't see the effect of a port blockage except on the Xbox.

A  sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing a port blockage:

1) turn off the Xbox then

2) unplug the power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway'. If so, skip step 3).

3) unplug the power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 30 secs then replug the modem (or gateway) power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem (or gateway) which says ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If  you have a gateway instead of a modem and router, then when that light says it's ready, skip step 6.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Turn on the Xbox.  For more background on Ports, see whatismyipaddress.com/port

If the problem persists, then send us the information we need from forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx and we can work on this  further.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help everyone.  I played with all the options suggested, eventually I change the wireless mode from 802.11b/h/n to 802.11n and it's been fine since then!  

Now my internet connection is about 20mbps slower than it was yesterday morning so I think I still may need to get in touch with my ISP after all!

Sorry this didn't help.