Xbox randomly losing power.

I have one of the matte black slims. Last night I randomly lost power three times. The power brick didn't feel hot at all. Now when there is a disc in the tray and I'm at the dashboard it makes a strange revving sound but it's not scratching the disc. It lost power three times even after I switched outlets. I was playing GTAV but I never installed the second disc so it's not that. I don't think I'm still under warranty either. Has anybody else had this before? Anybody know what the problem is?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 37 Applies to:

Are all the wires all plugged in tightly?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. i have tried different outlets, made sure everythings pluged in good,  let it sit for awhile and still nothing. Ive tried to work around it and cant do any thing. I let it sit for over half an hour and itvwill only work for a little while. I've also notice playing disk games makes it die out faster. Is there any thing i could do?  I have tryed cleaning out the fan and still nothing. Its starting to *** me off because it only last for 5 mins on a disk game and on-demand games last for at lease 15 minutes. (not even.) What the hell do i do im pissed right off

Sorry this didn't help.

I am now having the same issue. The system will work fine with apps like Netflix and Hulu but will shut down after 15 min of playing any game. Have tried letting it cool down, unplugging and replugging everything in, switching outlets, moving the xbox to a cooler place, checking for updates, the whole 10 yards but have not seen any results. Should I go ahead and send it in for repair or for a replacement?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey TheKCRoyalty!

Sorry to hear about the issue! Since this thread was post about a couple years ago, please post a new thread detailing the issue you're running into. That way the community can provide support tailored to you!

Sorry this didn't help.