Xbox "File Complaint" isn't doing anything.

There are some bullies that always gave me bad XBL reputation for no reason, but one of them passed the line. He sent me a racial and vulgar text message over xbox live, and I filed a complaint. Nothing has happened, and they continue to give me bad rep for no reason. If anyone could help in some way or report him, please tell me.

Thank you,

PhobicGull

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there,

-

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with a user(s). There are a couples steps you can take to avoid them in the future, and to make sure they don't bother you anymore.

-

First, you said you filed a complaint, did you do so via the console? If not I'd highly suggest you do that. The Xbox Live Policy Enforcement team looks at every complaint. They may not get to it as quickly as we would like, but they will get to it, I promise.

-

Second, click on the user(s) name and then select the 'Avoid player" option. This will make it less likely to get matched up with them during games in the future.

-

Third, click on the user(s) name and then block communication with them. This will make it so that they can not send you any voice or text messages. IF, after selecting that, you send them a message that block will be removed though. So just be aware of that.

-

Lastly, in your communication options on the console you can also select the option that only people on your friends list can send you messages. That will ensure that people who you don't know, or are trying to harass you, can't send you anything.

-

Hopefully with those steps you'll have a more enjoyable Xbox Live experience. If there is anything else, or something you need clarification on, please let us know. :-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.