Xbox Profile Disappeared

Okay, A game I was in the middle of froze. So I turned off my xbox and and turned it back on and my profile was gone. I've searched the forums and I havent come across anything that says 'exactly' how you fix this. Ive tried to download my profile and thats when I got the 8007045D error code. So then I checked my storage for corrupt files but there was nothin there. It still had the same amount of 'GB free' from before it all went *** up but everything on the HD says 0KB. Then I tried clearing the cache but that did nothin and I used some code to delete all the updates and re-downlodaded them and still nothin. I tried usin a USB but it wouldnt let me configure it so im all out of ideas. I just want a definitive answer as to what i can/should do to get my profile back. Thanks in advance...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2,804 Applies to:

Hello

The hard drive may be damaged. Try this: support.xbox.com/.../hard-drive

If the problem persists after formatting., use this link: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried everything on the first link you put but still nothing.....Havent formatted anything, cos doesnt that delete everything? Dont really want to do that if none of it is backed up. What i dont understand is why in my storage/hard drive it says everything 0kb but there is still the amount of GB free from before this all happened.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, have you tried installing this hard drive in a different system? If that other console is not able to read it, then I am afraid the hard drive has become corrupt and will likely need to be replaced.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive tried my other HD which is only 15GB and that was fine so i could use that with the only problem being that I have over 50GB of content on the current HD so it might worth gettin a new one. If I do get a new HD will i be able to transfer my current profile to the new one knowin that the current one is corrupted? Also before I commit to buyin a new HD is there anythin else i can try to fix the current one? Thnx for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

well the only option is to replace the hard drive with a new one, because your hard drive might be damaged

www.xbox.com/support

Sorry this didn't help.

If i do replace it how much of the content from the previous HD will i be able to recover?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately that depends on the amount of lost storage, MidgetHunter93. However, an official Transfer Cable will be able to recover anything that is still there to the new hard drive. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to http://www.xbox.com/accounts  & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then ** STOP: DON'T ** delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers Option 2 for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings - pick System - choose Storage - pick All Devices - choose Gamer Profiles

3) pick the gamertag choose Delete, and pick Delete Profile Only.

This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.

If the redownload fails, then use a USB Flash Drive formatted as a Memory Unit as per http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive and then download the profile to the USB Flash Drive instead. You can also move your offline game saves and any other profiles to the Memory Unit instead of using a special cable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Firstly this exact thing has just happened to my sons xbox as it crashed while it was doing a game update for BOPS2.  Secondly that answer does not apply because

1. Profiles are shown to be 0kb which means it can't read them

2. You can redownload due to the 8007045D error.

So before I format the thing are there any fixes?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there MasterFlanagan! Please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to your specific issue. ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.