Xbox problem

For around a week my xbox controllers wouldnt sync wired or wirelessly then today they starred to work again but after around 15 minutes they begin to disconnect and reconnect again at the same time or a few seconds later i disconnect from xbox liveand this happens regular making my xbox unuseable. The worst thing about this is i cant use my xbox offline as even putting my xbox offline does not solve the problem. This a problem i have had for a while and have posted previously about. I cant understand why there is a problem as it is a day one edition that worked fine for a long time and although i have changed internet provider in that my xbox worked fine for a while after an my 360 still work perfectly. From when the problem started were it won't work for week before working perfectly for a week or two the only reason i have found for it to not work is when i move it but sometimes it stops working without moving. I think there is somthing wrong with the xbox just dont understand how sometimes it wil work fine. also the 360 is in the same room as the one and when i move my xbox anywhere else the problems come back not just a particular place. Sorry if poorly written i am using a touch screen phone

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Change batteries

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have tried all the commo fixes and i the battries would not make my xbox disconnect

Sorry this didn't help.

still  cant use my xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

still not useable

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to see you cannot use your xbox because of the remote. I don't know if it was on purpose or if it was a typo, but you mentioned that your "controllers". If you do have more than one, do they all react the same way, by turning on and off randomly? If you only have one controller, I would suggest trying a different one (borrow one somewhere) and see if that's not a problem with the controller itself.

It's hard to pinpoint where the problem could be...

Sorry this didn't help.

yes 1 day one and two bourght later. When more than one controller is connected they both disconnect and reconnect at the same time

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi IAN GOODINSON,

Sorry you're having issues with your controllers. Can you please let us know how often they disconnect and reconnect? You mentioned offline and online. Were you meaning that the controllers disconnect and reconnect both online and offline, or are you meaning that when you're offline the controllers stay connected? Final question, you also mentioned plugged in via USB cable, and wirelessly. Can you please let us know if these disconnect while plugged in as well?

As for solutions, the first thing I would try is updating the controllers. Follow these steps to update the controllers.

1. Connect to Xbox Live.
  2. Press the Menu button.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select Devices & accessories.
  5. Select your controller.
  6. If an update is available, you'll see an option to select Update. If no update is available, your controller is already up to date, and you don't need to do anything else.
  7. If your controller does need an update, connect a USB cable to your controller and follow the on-screen instructions to complete it.
  8. You'll see an update progress screen.
  9. When the update is complete, unplug the USB cable. If you have additional controllers to update, connect them now, one at a time, select the Update another button on the screen, and then follow the steps.
  10. Press the Xbox button on the wireless controller to turn it on.

If you have a Kinect make sure that it's plugged in, it's facing your gaming area,and there is nothing in front of it. If that is the case, try simply unplugging the Kinect to see what happens. 

Hope this helps! Let us know! 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

for the first question its hard to answer as recently they have not been connecting at allbut when they do sometimes the will work for ten minutes then disconnect then work for around 5 minutes the disconnect before becoming regular then some times they will disconnect reguraly straight away and by reguraly i mean every 20-40 seconds. yes the problem is both on and offline. Even while connected via usb it disconnectes. i have horsy d controllers and the problem is still there

Sorry this didn't help.

i have updated controllers it was meant to say at the end

Sorry this didn't help.

and the kinnect dosent make a difference either way

Sorry this didn't help.