Xbox Preview Program is glitched for me

I go by the name n1, and a glitch magnet. I tend to find glitches without even trying. As a website developer, I know some of the processes that go on behind the screen, and can come up with conclusions based off what I know. Thus this problem has orison.

Problem: The databases think im part of the preview and am awaiting a service message. (yet its been over a month).

How I got the app: I saw it in the store under the apps tab, and downloaded it.

What I did, I went through the app's steps until i got to the last step: "You'll get a service message on your Xbox One soon with more info." Then I waited for 2 weeks and then contacted Xbox live support. This person said to have a friend re-invite me. So I did. Then I waited 2 weeks and then contacted xbox live support again. This time the person said to uninstall my profile and then reinstall it, then I would get it in a few hours. I waited a day, and didn't receive it. So finally I contacted support 1 more time and stated my problem as clearly as I could, and how to fix it aswell. After 10 mins of the person telling me to do stuff I knew wont work ( I still did the steps anyways ) , they gave me this this link and told me to post it here. P.S. I have tried uninstalling the app aswell.

How to fix it: Its an easy fix, just reset my account's permission for the app so I can be re-invited and not be glitched into it again. It should be simple, go into the database, search up "halomythfinders" and set the Boolean and other fields to the original state ( or hit a reset button if there is one for just one account, but I doubt that )

Potential glitch that I can think that could have caused this: game-sharing may share the app and thus it appeared in the store since the other user had it.

Potential glitch that I can think of: If another user has the app (on the same xbox as a non-preview-user) and the non-preview-user accesses the app, then the app may try to configure their account without all the right credentials, thus leading to the same problem I have.

Easy fix: Set a database Boolean that will turn true after being invited. Then when the app opens, have the xbox check the user's Boolean and there you go. That should prevent this glitch from happening to others.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

Hey there,

lets try and figure this out bit by bit!

Ok, invites - once you are invited you are invited. No need for extra invites as you are in a queue of sorts.

You would then have a chance to be picked from the queue and go through selection/approval and if successful you would get a message to redeem and download the app. This lets you enroll your console. This looks like the bit you skipped/that went wrong.

It sounds like you are probably at step 1, ie. waiting to go through selection. But the main support team here on the forums should be able to check and to see if you have been accepted into the preview and just not been informed.

So this will go one of two ways.

1. They can't verify you in which case you will have to be patient - once invited there is a chance you will be selected in the future.
  2. If they can verify you then you will be granted access to the preview areas of the forums and you will be able to post in Registration Support and they can look into getting you running.

Hope that helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.