Xbox Power Brick and Console Noise

Hello, I'm having some issues with my Xbox One. In the beginning my Xbox was making a weird fan noise. I decided to go through the advance replacement program. They sent me another console. The replacement they sent actually had a worse sound than my original. Now I've also noticed that my power brick is making a weird chirping noise as though the fan is defective. What do I do with the replacement and what do I do about the power brick? Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 44 Applies to:

They are both supposed to make a noise, but a loud noise shouldn't be happening. Have you experienced any console freezing or instant powering off? If so, this could mean the fan is defective, and the processor is getting too hot. If the power brick is properly powering your console, then it sounds normal to me, but I'd contact support to see if they think different.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't experienced any freezing or crashing. However, I notice that if I pick up my power brick or turn it upside down the entire system shuts down. I've also noticed that the fan noise from the console is getting worse.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.