XBox Party Chat Included in Twitch Stream

I've been streaming from my XBox One S for about 2 years using Twitch. I always use Xbox Party Chat and have become used to helping others include their audio so they can be heard on my streams. About 4 days ago, I started getting comments that my viewers could no longer hear my party chat friends. I thought at first this was the usual Party setup issues, but it has been on going. When I stream now, I am heard clearly, but none of my party friends are heard at all. I play with others on both XBox consoles and PC (using XBox Companion App) and neither of them can be heard.
The only other info that might be helpful: I was playing with some friends in Party chat, and mid game I was invited to another players party chat, so I swapped over. Once I finished and came back to my own friends Party chat, the problem started and my viewers could no longer hear them. The issue has continued til today. Any other thoughts on what I should do?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've been streaming from my XBox One S for about 2 years using Twitch. I always use Xbox Party Chat and have become used to helping others include their audio so they can be heard on my streams. About 4 days ago, I started getting comments that my viewers could no longer hear my party chat friends. I thought at first this was the usual Party setup issues, but it has been on going. When I stream now, I am heard clearly, but none of my party friends are heard at all. I play with others on both XBox consoles and PC (using XBox Companion App) and neither of them can be heard.
The only other info that might be helpful: I was playing with some friends in Party chat, and mid game I was invited to another players party chat, so I swapped over. Once I finished and came back to my own friends Party chat, the problem started and my viewers could no longer hear them. The issue has continued til today. Any other thoughts on what I should do?
Any solution my friend???

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi BenghisNZ

I am new to the forum as of today. I have been struggling to find a solution to the same issue. Every solution I have come across, people are pointing to settings on my Xbox. I think your/our issue is one of two things,

One: the party you are with is all Xbox and they haven't allowed the stream to capture their audio on their end via Xbox Home buttons settings while in game, or

Two: (which is what I think is the real issue for the vast majority of users asking this question who are streaming direct from their Xbox,) When playing a cross platform game, Xbox DOES NOT ALLOW chat audio streams from other consoles (PC/PlayStation) to broadcast to Twitch through our console. (may be a privacy thing, PlayStation doesn't seem to have this issue when I stream to YT.)

I cannot find this stated clearly ANYWHERE in these forums or Twitch's. The only solution that I know of as of right now is to use a Computer and capture card to capture your WHOLE stream (A/V), and THEN broadcast it from that PC to whatever streaming platform you would like. Period case closed. (Which really sucks)

There is a possible workaround I have seen on YouTube that may not require a capture card that uses a computer that is on your network (Preferably not wireless for Xbox and PC) PC Xbox companion (remote view),  and OBS to broadcast to your streaming service. I am trying to see if this will work.

Please let me know if you have heard anything different or have found a solution.

OTHER FORUM ADVISORS - How would we go about asking/petitioning XB/MS to allow this a s a feature? I don't believe its Twitch because I have looked up this same issue for PlayStation and this issue doesn't seem to exist in the manner that we have with our Xbox's.

Thanks for taking the time to read. I am debating on making this it's own post to help the other frustrated (Casual) streamers out there who don't want to spend the annual salary of a person living in parts of Eurasia just to allow their in game chat audio to be heard.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I used to also include party chat on my twitch streams via the xbox aapp..  just before christmas the option to include party in stream was removed from the party card and the members of my party no longer get permission prompts. 

I have a feeling an xbox update broke the functionality, and Im hoping they fix it soon. 

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

To setup twitch you can use the Xbox app. Like so : https://youtu.be/ohz5LV5fhOk

In regards to the party chat... are you using OBS or a capture card? Or the twitch app?

This may help if using an elgato. https://youtu.be/h-q9nIprD2Y

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this issue too. Before the last omega update I did not have any issues with party chat being recorded as part of my twitch stream. I play with another xbox user and a pc user in fortnite.

The crazy part is that microsoft seems to have fixed a general streaming without lag issue (which persisted up until the last update where I could only stream at 720p around 2000 bitrate) so I can now stream at full specs (1080p 6000 bitrate), but broke the party chat recording at the same time.

Wish they could get their act together. I had been using ps4 for a few years prior to series x and the stream to twitch is seamless and always at 1080p 60fps without having to deal with bitrate or resolutions.

Oh, and I don't want to have to use a capture card or anything like that. This is a next gen piece of equipment. It should be able to handle streaming functions out of the box.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any solution my friend???

I fixed this problem by removing and re adding my Microsoft account to my Xbox and it worked. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I fixed this problem by removing and re adding my Microsoft account from my Xbox. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did That solve the party chat issues? Or in game chat or both. Been trying to figure out how to broadcast in game chat.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've only tried party chat, sorry friend.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2024 Views 10,676 Applies to: