xbox optical drive works inconsistently

Sometimes when I put in a new game or movie it wont recognize the disc.  I usually have to do a full restart of the system sometimes several times to get it to work.  Would this be a hardware issue or a software issue?  Once it does recognize the disc it will always recognize the disc as long as I dont take it out of the xbox even if I turn it off then back on.  How long is the warranty on the xbox one?  I got it on day one.   

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

This sounds like a hardware issue, particularly the disc drive, which is known to be a common fault.

-

Your warranty will be a year so it will expire on the 22/11/14 if you have had it since day one.

I literally had a conversation about the xb1 disk drive and something along the same lines,it was rushed in at the last minute to keep everybody happy,it doesnt sound right either way,back to store and replacement,hope its replaced quickly for you. :)

the disc drive was not rushed in at the last minute, the xbox one was always going to have a disc drive, problems occur in manufacturing and distribution, just have it replaced under warranty and you should be good to go.

how long does it take to have it replaced?  Do i go back to the store and do that or do i do it through microsoft?

[quote user="Dynamic Sausage"]

This sounds like a hardware issue, particularly the disc drive, which is known to be a common fault.

-

Your warranty will be a year so it will expire on the 22/11/14 if you have had it since day one.

[/quote]

That is not actually true. Your warranty should be for a year and a few months. Mine expires in Feb. 2015. OP got to 

MyService to register your console and setup a repair order

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

[quote user="Dynamic Sausage"]

-

[/quote]

That is not actually true. Your warranty should be for a year and a few months. Mine expires in Feb. 2015. OP got to 

MyService to register your console and setup a repair order

[/quote]

What's with the extra few months then? Standard warranties are usually 1 year for anything. Cheers for the pointer though.

Honestly I am not sure. You are correct that the standard warranty is 1 year, but they tacked on a few more months. I wont complain

[quote user="kofine05"]

how long does it take to have it replaced?  Do i go back to the store and do that or do i do it through microsoft?

[/quote]

If you are still able to return it to the retailer you bought it from. Do that. Its much easier than waiting for Microsoft.