XBOX online gaming interrupts internet

I have cable internet. Its been going down for 1-3 minutes at a time throughout the day for a couple weeks.  I thought there was no real reason at first but now it really seems like its when I play a game online on XBOX.  I've had Comcast out twice and they have no idea what it could be.  I'll play a game (its been Mass Effect 3 lately) and I can't get through a game before my internet goes down (my modem lights go off and then back on over about 2 minutes).  I'll stop playing online, just surf the web, watch a video, whatever and its fine. Soon as I go back to a game it goes down within 5-10 minutes.WHAT could this be? It does this with my XBOX hooked to internet wired or wirelessly.
   This is the 3rd modem I've had in 2 weeks so I doubt its the modem. Coax cables, ethernet cables have been swapped out, splitter, no splitter, router, no router, wired straight into modem, wired through router, wireless.  I have tried all of this. I am SO lost

Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey RabidPickle! Sounds like you've been through a lot of hardware lately! To help you out with your connection issue can I have you review our Start Here sticky and provide us with the information requested in bold. This should help us pinpoint your issue! It would also be helpful if you could tell us a little more about when exactly you experience this issue? Does it happen consistently throughout the day? Or is it just once or twice a day? Does it happen only in ME3? Or have you experienced it in other games as well? I'm sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure we thoroughly understand your issue. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.