Xbox One

Just talked to an agent in the support chat and she stated that right now Xbox One does not support third party headsets. She said that they are in the process of working with said third party companies to work a way to make them compatible to the new system. So fingers crossed...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

DD 5.1 output from the optical port would be a good place to start.

Right now certain current gen models of Turtle Beach headsets will work, you just cannot chat through them.  If you go on Turtle Beach website it will give you a complete list of headsets that are compatible.  Also, if you own or buy one of these headsets, I believe that TB will upgrade your chat adapter for free when it is released early next year.

Support agents, always the best source of info that isn't quite as public as you want it to be.

I still use my Turtle Beach X41 through my TV's output for playing with surround sound just fine. If I need to chat, I'll use the one that came in the box and that's good enough for me. The HMDI does encode perfect DTS sound and is good enough for me until they actually do release a third party adapter.