Xbox One: You Can Run a PS4 Through It If You Like

Xbox One: You Can Run a PS4 Through It If You Like
Written Friday, September 20, 2013 By Richard Walker

If you were so inclined, you could get your Xbox One together with a PS4, according to Xbox Senior Director of Product Management and Planning Albert Penello, suggesting that you could even be playing Ryse and Killzone at the same time, if you liked.

Practically any HDMI device can be plugged into the console's HDMI pass-through port, with the primary function being for cable TV and the like, but there's no reason you couldn't snap between Xbox One and PS4 games should you hook up Sony's console. "Any application can be snapped to a game…this could be the live TV feed, so if you wanted to be playing Ryse and Killzone at the same time, you could snap that," Penello confirmed at TGS.

We're pretty sure you'd be unable to use your Xbox One controller or Kinect with the plugged in PS4, however. That would just be completely insane. Xbox One is out on November 22nd in 13 markets, and will be available elsewhere in 2014.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16172-Xbox-One--You-Can-Run-a-PS4-Through-It-If-You-Like.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Did they add in IR support on the PS4? That could make for some fun Kinect control situations...

That's pretty cool, but... how could you actually play 2 games at the same time?  The One's HDMI out goes to the tv (or receiver), so how would your TV display both input images?

by the feed from the XB1 HDMIs out,,, since the IN HDMI is from the PS4.. the output will be from both

I would have thought that if you could have your game playing in the main screen, a snap window can be open while your cable box is running, so you can play and watch tv at the same time.

-

There should be nothing stopping you from running another console, be it Xbox, PS, or even a wii through the HDMI In, you can play one game, while someone else plays something else, in a smaller inset screen, or side by side, if the right app comes out.

-

Now that would be awesome. You could load up the same game on two different systems and run them side by side, to see if there is any quality difference, that would be a god send for reviewers. Or run Ghosts through the X1 and the 360 side by side, so you can get an idea of the difference in next gen

[quote user="HairyLoveSpuds"]Now that would be awesome. You could load up the same game on two different systems and run them side by side, to see if there is any quality difference, that would be a god send for reviewers[/quote]

You could basically do that now with PIP/split screen  (Picture In Picture) as long as your TV accepted dual HDMI IN and had that option...  

I did that a few times whhile playing a few SP games and watched football split screen

both would be bad comparisons as both would be downscaled from their native resolution to their smaller views.

-

i do think the pass through is really nice. being able to pull up a skype window, internet, or what will ventually be a plethera of x1 apps while you play your ps4, x360, watch tv, or use who knows what device will be nice.

Yeah, i have screen in screen on my 42inch.

-

Both if both screens were side by side, split evenly 50/50. you would still notice a difference, as surely they would both be downscaled by 50% to compesate. perhaps in frame ate, background, light, etc. Just in a wonder what like look like theory. I will defo try it out though, see what happens. Hey it's worth a laugh

My question is…

Can I connect my 360 to the Xbox One too?

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

My question is…

Can I connect my 360 to the Xbox One too?

[/quote]

"Practically any HDMI device can be plugged into the console's HDMI pass-through port"

So WHY do they name the ps4 instead of the 360?

Weird but okay.