Xbox One, Xbox Live and Timewarner Cable: Unable to connect to any live/multiplayer games.

So just recently I've been having issues with connecting to On Line games on Xbox Live. Its strange because EVERYTHING on line works EXCEPT playing multiplayer on Live. That includes ALL my WiFi devices. My NAT Type is OPEN, Im getting great up and down speeds. I've had my One since Day One and I haven't had any issues until just recently just after Christmas because the router was going bad.

My Stats:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, Texas
Modem brand & model number: **** DG860 (Its a Gateway)
Router brand & model number: 
Wired or wireless:
Things you have tried: Reset Gateway, Xbox One, Manual back to Automatic IP, Contacted TimeWarner and the just put the blame on Xbox Live service, contacted Xbox Live Support. Disabled Firewall, even opened ports for Xbox Live and Call Of Duty Ghosts

Now, I'll say this... Timewarner came in and took out my old modem and netgear router and gave me this all in one crappy **** Gateway. And that's where I think lies the issue. This **** Gateway is trash. It has very basic basic functioning compared to the router I had. My IP is dynamic so the generic address for my devices change as devices are turned on. Like sometimes my Xbox One will be xxx.xxx.x.5 or .6 or 8 **** gateway doesnt let me set an IP for my Xbox One's MAC address so it doesn't change.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I dont know what else to do. I can't find info and no one can seem to help or give me advice.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 294 Applies to:

Same exact Issue

Time Warner cable Customer - Cincinnati, Ohio

Everything works except multiplayer.  I have to test my connection with the game open and running in order for it to work.

Arris Cable Modem as well.  Have open NAT, 4 iPhones, 4 laptops, a 360 and One, and an HP printer.  No issues with any of my devices except for the One.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's what I have to do too. It's a pain.

Is your Arris an all in one Gateway? If so Im starting to think that's the problem because you can't set a dedicated IP address to certain device. The Arris browser interface is so basic that it doesnt have the true advanced settings and options. I think I'm going to have to go out and buy a new stand alone router. Timewarner can disable the WiFi capabilities on the Arris and just use it as a cable modem. Been looking at the Netgear R6250-100NAS.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.