Xbox One X has mystery liquid inside?????

So last night my son gets home from work and goes to turn on his Xbox one X and it won't turn on at all. Not knowing what is going on we tried all the typical fixes like unplugging it for 10 seconds then plugging it back in, etc. etc. 

Son goes to pick it up and what looks like water starts leaking out of it. Now I noticed the Xbox One X has a solid top cover (which is how this one was positioned with the solid to the top) so even if an accidental spill happened it wouldn't have gotten into the Xbox from the top and there would have been signs that there was a spill around it as well. 

No water around the Xbox anywhere (there is a cloth table cloth under the Xbox that was not wet in any way), none on top of it, none showing on any of the vents or anything but a few ml's of water did leak out when turned on it's side once we realized there was water inside. 

Now I understand the Xbox One X is vapor cooled (or so I've been reading), could the cooling system have ruptured and that is where this water is coming from? Is it possible that the Xbox One X cooled itself so much that condensation started forming inside the Xbox? 

We are both very much confused about this as there is no signs of any kind of spillage and it looks like the only way water would get into it is if someone turned it on it's side or upside down and poured water into it but no one was in his room at all while he was at work and his Xbox worked fine prior to his leaving for work. 

I've also searched online to see if anyone else has had this issue and a few have but with older versions of Xbox and that isn't the case here. 

Seriously my mind is blow about this because he just purchased this Xbox in November of 2018 so it isn't even 6 months old yet. And not only that I'm highly doubting it would be covered under warranty if it does happen to be water damage (though still very confused as to how the water got in there in the first place). 

Any thoughts or has anyone else experienced this with Xbox one X???? 

Currently it's sitting upside down on a towel on the floor with a fan blowing on it and we will try it in a few days to see if it works once dried but wanted to reach out and see what others think. (Also I know some might say well maybe your son spilled water on it and didn't tell you, he paid for that Xbox, he really enjoys playing his Xbox, he would have been VERY upset if he had accidentally spilled water on it and would have told me as when he realized there was water in it he was very upset)

Answer
Answer

Hello There,

Sorry for the issue with the console. There is a liquid cooling system inside the console, which could of cracked or broke causing the leak. In this instance we recommend to just get a repair set up as if it is from Nov. it is still in warranty.

You can set up a repair by going to device support, or by requesting a call back from support.

When you go to Contact Us  to get it to request a chat follow these steps: 

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One 

• Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes 

• Step 3-----select show contact options 
    Step 4 ----select request call from support 

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
Brad

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 4, 2024 Views 2,990 Applies to: