Xbox one - wrong location

Hello everyone,

So I've got a Xbox one from the US and live in thailand, I've already migrated my xbox live account to thailand appropriately. When I go into the Movies app and try to watch anything that I've purchased, it says I can't do that, my console settings do not match my location. Alright, so off to the location settings and let's set it to thailand, well I can't there is no thailand in the list. 

What do I do ?

Also, why can't the system tell me first that I'll not be able to watch anything I'm going to purchase, before I spend my money on it ?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 114 Applies to:

Thailand is not a supported country for the xbox one. So you would have to set your location to lets say the US to use it. Your movies dont show up because when you change regions on your account they do not migrate with you. Have a look at this link for info about region change support.xbox.com/.../change-region

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The movies do show up, they did before i migrated the xbox live account to thailand (it was US previously) and they do now after migrating it to Thailand, the Xbox itself is set to the US.

No matter how I switch it around, it won't work:

US account - US settings in console -> doesn't work - you can't stream outside the country that your xbox live account is set to.

Thailand account - US settings in console -> doesn't work, your xbox live location settings do not match the console settings - can't change console location settings, no thailand in the location settings selectable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok you have me so confused. In any event when you switch regions your movie purchases do not go along with you

Sorry this didn't help.