Xbox One won't turn on

I come back to my room after being gone for the weekend and my Xbox One simply won't turn on. I followed the directions online and unplugged all the power cables and let it sit for 20 minutes. Plugged it back in and nothing. The orange light is lit. Please help guys!

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2018 Views 98 Applies to:

Hey mate,

It could be that your power supply is faulty :( There may have been a power surge or something like that over the weekend that you were away that has caused it, just guessing but thats what I'd think likely.

I'm not sure which instructions you followed, but I have a pretty good link that has a few different things to try (linked below). If that doesn't work, then you may need to send it in for repair :(

Hopefully this will work though: support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm in the same boat.  I was in the middle of playing Shadows of Mordor last week and the Xbox One just shut down. I followed EVERY single step on xbox support (i.e. unplug, blow out possible dust in power brick and console itself, unplug from wall, unplug all cords from xbox, left everything unplugged overnight, tried a different outlet, all for nothing).  It makes the boot up sounds and the xbox power button lights up for about half a second before powering back down.  The power brick lights as orange while 'at rest'.  It turns on white as I hit the power button, but then immediately goes back to orange after it fails to boot up.  I've come to the conclusion my best bet is just to take the steps to have it sent off to be fixed with you guys?  I just bought this back in June around E3, especially at the official news of Fallout 4.  Now I sit here, less than a month until launch with it pre-ordered, and my xbox one craps out on me. Very unchill. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Aw man, that does suck :( my advice would be to send it off ASAP (If you have gone through all those troubleshooting steps). The sooner you get it out, the sooner you'll get it back. Thats what I would do in your position at least, especially with Fallout on the horizon!

Sorry this didn't help.