Xbox One won't turn on.

So I've not been able to play my X1 for the last week or so, but when I last did it was working fine (well mostly, I was having to use a charger cable for my controller to even connect it to the system).

Anyway, I've finally had some free time today, so I decided to jump on, however when I press the button on the front of the box, the system does nothing, no noise, no light, no image, nothing. I checked the power supply and noticed that the light is orange instead of the usual white, so I tried disconnecting the power supply from both the system and the wall, and left it for 10 minutes, however I came back tried it again, but the light remains orange, and the system still doesn't turn on.

Any advice?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

Hi Brianx88,

Sorry you're having issues getting your Xbox to power on. First if you're using a power strip, try plugging directly in the wall. If that doesn't work, then move the Xbox to another outlet and see if you can get it to power on there. If the Xbox will not power up when directly in the wall, in another outlet, and you've made sure everything is connected well then you'll likely need a new power supply. See the link below to get this replaced.

Xbox Service Center

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is plugged into the wall, and I've tried multiple outlets and none work. I also can't use your replacement system because it requires my phone number but the garbage Nokia Lumia 930 I bought doesn't even tell me it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Brianx88

If you can't use the service center, then I would recommend contacting Xbox Support at the link below to setup your replacement.

Contact Xbox Support

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.