Xbox One won't turn on ?

My Xbox One which I Imported from the US, won't turn on, when I press the power button it makes a slight sound then nothing happens, no light neither, the power brick is changing back and forth from orange to white, is it supposed to do that ?

Btw I live in Norway, and I'm using a power adapter on it, same one I usually use for my US blu-ray player, which works perfectly.. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Did you have it working at all? Or are you trying to turn it on for the first time?

turning it on for the first time :/

Well it could well be the converter but I would suggest ringing Microsoft support or head over to the support forums to get more info. Hope it works out.

My bet is the adapter. One of my friends would not boot through his surge protecter.

I have no idea what hte number for the support is, and as the Xbox One hasn't been released in Norway yet there aren't any kind of support here in Norway as far as I know. I talked with a Community Ambassador or something on the Xbox support site, he had no idea at all if something was wrong or how I could fix it. Also could you give me a link for the support forums ?

I agree that it could be the adapter. I know that with adapters sometimes they do not give as much power as as they would through plugging it straight into the socket. Did you try a different one? You mentioned you were from Norway what type of socket do you have? Is there not a similar one from a European country that you could have imported instead?

I haven't tried a different one as I have only one adapter, and the socket is a normal EU socket. 
Well I guess I could've bought one from Germany or something, but I was afraid the instructions and stuff would be in german then, so since I already had an adapter that worked perfectly with an US blu-ray player I thought it was going to work perfectly, do you know if this would work with my US Xbox One: www.ebay.com/.../400619109905 because if it would work perfectly then I can just buy this and hope that fixes my problem ?

you can try the Xbox support twitter... out of all of the supports.. they seem to be the best and most knowledgeable..

Difficult to tell because it you waste money on this and it turns out not to be the adapter that is causing the problem it would be a waste of money. Although the adapter should work. Best bet is to scroll down through the ratings and see what other peoples reviews are of it. If you can get your hands on a different adapter off someone you know and see if that works maybe? I found these Link and Link maybe they can help you out?