Xbox one won't stay on help -.-

Just opened my xbox one plugged in and hooked up and it turns on for like 5 seconds then shuts down anyone have any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Welcome to my own personal hell!  I've been dealing with this since launch day.  I was convinced it was a console issue, so I had Microsoft send me a replacement console.  That one did the same thing.  I ordered a 2nd replacement, but that one had the same problem, so I'm convinced it is not specific to the console.

Right now I'm thinking it is a power supply issue.  My power supply does not indicate any fault (the light is white when powered on, orange when powered off) and it remains fairly cool to the touch (it isn't on long enough to heat up!).  3 consoles with the same problem seems unlikely, but the power supply was the same, so right now I'm going to send that in to get a replacement.  Unfortunately there is no advanced exchange, so it'll be a few weeks for a replacement.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unplug the power supply from the power outlet and push the Xbox one power button to release any remaining power inside of the unit. Now, try plugging it in to a different power outlet and see if you get a different response. If you are using a surge protector, don't use it while testing it on a different power outlet.  When you plug in the power supply, watch the light on the power supply to see if it shows flat white or amber; if it is flashing; or fading out.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Dylantcey Thanks! That worked!

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad that helped Vin2579!

If you ever have any other Xbox Support questions please create a new thread and let us know. Please avoid bumping older threads such as this one. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.