Xbox one won't shut down/Controller issues

Since the march update going live, my xbox one has been having issues, where I will exit out of everything and hit the power button to turn it off, and it just goes black screen and the only thing I can see is the thumbnail of the app or game I was on last before shutting down. It won't shut down and I have to pull the plug. (This has happened 4 nights in a row) But out of curiosity I decided to turn it back on and try to turn it off a second time it shuts down like normal.. Also this has been mentioned I saw in a other post but I am also having issues with my controller freezing after getting my xo7's, I will try the quick fix for it, but what I find weird is that the battery indicator on the dash board doesn't represent what I actually have left in my play and charge kit and always shows it's full. Hopefully I can get some answers and a quick fix to my power down problem, and I hope the adapter/controller freeze issue can be resolved with what I saw in another topic.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Controller still freezes even after my attempt to fix it but my xbox has stopped getting stuck while shutting down.. But it will probably happen again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.