Xbox One won't power on

So I've tried two different power bricks and the same thing happens. When I plug it in the light is white, then it changes from white to orange and back again a few times and then stays orange. When I press the power button when the light is white the console makes the "turning on" noise but nothing else happens, the console is still off. When the light is orange and I press the power button, nothing happens. At first I thought the power supply was the problem, since I'd had it plugged into a surge protector for a few months I thought that that was probably the issue. I went out and got a second official microsoft power brick and it has the same issue, plugged directly into a wall outlet. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I mixed up the color order the first time, it's white when I first plug it in, not orange.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

bcpotter96,

Not sure if you tried a different outlet set in the house. Given that you've tried 2 different power supplies, it might be an issue with the console itself which would require a repair via https://myservice.xbox.com . However, before going that route, try a different outlet in another room with both power supplies. If neither work you may need to get the repair completed. You could also verify that your power supplies are both good if you have a friend's Xbox you can try with. Let us know your results. Thanks,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.