Xbox One won't play disc games/installed games/apps. Dashboard/Home unresponsive.

I put in the Minecraft Xbox One Edition disc earlier and walked away for a moment. I'm used to the console loading the game in under a minute so though it was odd when I came back that it was still at the Dashboard. So I clicked on the Minecraft picture on the dashboard, heard the usual chime...and waited for about another 2-3 minutes. Nothing.
I then scrolled down to my pinned apps and games and clicked on Minecraft Xbox One Edition. *The 'We are loading you're game/You're game will be ready soon.' message began to flash constantly on the screen. Holding down the middle button on the controller caused it to stop on the screen, but upon hitting cancel it resumed flashing. Removed disc, flashing continued. Was unable to get console to respond other than being able to scroll through menus (was unable to actually click on anything).

Queue Hard Reset.

I allowed everything to load on the Dashboard/Home. I tried the Minecraft disc again. Repeat of above.

Hard Reset.

Thinking it was perhaps just the Minecraft disc, I inserted FF Type-0 HD's disc. Waited 2-3 minutes, nothing. Scrolled to pinned games and apps, clicked on FF Type-0 HD. The 'We are loading you're game/You're game will be ready soon.' message began to flash constantly on the screen again. Removed disc.

Did a Hard Reset. Left powered off and unplugged for 10-20 minutes.(Unplugged internet as well.)

Did a bit of research during and decided to turn off Instant-On. Nope.
Logged off my account and logged on my brother's. Nada.
Decided to try a game I had installed. Went into 'My games and apps.' and clicked on it. Nothing. Went to the pinned version of it. The 'We are loading you're game/You're game will be ready soon.' message began to flash constantly on the screen.

Hard Reset.

Made sure to let everything load on the Dashboard/Home. Clicked on the pinned Netflix app. 'We are loading you're game/You're game will be ready soon.' *flash* *flash* *flash*

Only thing I didn't do (that I could think of/instructed to do in troubleshooting was test my network connection because it wouldn't respond when clicked on.

*The only reason I know that it was the 'We are loading you're game/You're game will be ready soon.' message is because I held the middle button and it stayed on the screen until I hit 'cancel'. It was flashing very quickly and I couldn't read it otherwise.

Gonna call Customer Service in the morning.

This started today, after the latest update a few weeks ago. However, it was working fine before this weekend (I was away due to holiday).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:
Answer

I would advise to try a hard reset to see if that fixes anything, you will however need to redownload all that is on the internal storage device, anything on a external storage device should be fine.

Other then that contacting Xbox Support is a good step.

@Cordawg15

You shouldn't loose any save games when doing a factory reset, since save games are also saved to Xbox Live when the console is connected to the internet, so I'm assuming it will be the same for the Minecraft worlds

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Instead of a hard reset in meant a factory reset in my previous post. Sorry about that

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.