Xbox One won't display on TV

I was playing Dark Souls 2 earlier when I got an on-screen window telling me that I had an issue with saving the game, and that I had to clear the 'local saved game cache'. I did this before and everything started up fine. So, I hit the 'Clear cache' option and when it's done it resets the console so that it could re-sync the data. Well, it turned off, but never turned back on.

So as anyone else would do, I hard reset it (because tapping the power button did nothing) and when I would power it back on it gave me a "No Signal" message in my TV, which is a HD Vizio, so I'm connected through an HDMI. I even tried booting up in the 'Low Res mode' to no avail. I swapped cables and what not, unplugged wires, and even used a different XBONE which worked fine. I know it's a console issue and not a TV/wire problem. This sucks cause I was approaching the end of the game and there's good DLC next week. 

My controller also won't stay connected. It'll power up the console, but no more. I have a second controller which also does the same even after removing adapters and connecting it with a USB cable and disconnecting it.

The only options I have is to send it in and wait 3-5 weeks to fix it, or have them send me a new one and pay $15 and send them mine. I'm hoping there is a way around this as I would rather stick with the one I have now. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 53 Applies to:

Sylux,

I would try these steps to get the TV display working.  I would also recommend using a different TV cable.  support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

If this doesnt work you may have a hardware failure on your xbox and would recommend contacting support at support.xbox.com/.../contact-us to get warranty repair done.

I hope this helps!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.