Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter

Hi,

I'm wondering if I will be able to use the Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter coming out this fall to extend the wireless range of my Xbox One controller.  I currently have all of my home theater gear tucked away in a closet with a single HDMI cable running to the TV mounted on the wall.  Unfortunately, the wall the TV is mounted to is brick and really kills the wireless signal coming from the Xbox One to my controller.  I was wondering if I could route a USB extension cable from the Xbox One through the wall (same location as the TV) and plug the wireless controller adapter into the other end.  Will the Xbox one recognize the adapter and know what to do with it?  I think this is a common problem for people fortunate enough to have a media closet who experience frequent controller disconnects due to the Xbox one not being co-located with the TV.  This architecture would be VERY VERY attractive for many Xbox One owners.

Food for thought...

Thanks,
Preston

Question Info

Last updated August 15, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

I would REALY like to know this too. All my AV kit is in another room in a dedicated cabinet with my Xbox One. The cabinet is about 10ft away from where I sit on the sofa and there is one brick wall and one false wall between. At the moment I am stuck with a USB cable over cat5 to connect the controller to one of the USB ports on the Xbox. Having to use a cable on a next gen console when only being 10ft away is a bit of a let down. The 360 never had this issue. More and more people are installing centralised AV cabinets to hide all this kit and horrible cables, get with the times! Sort it out Microsoft.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.