Xbox One Wireless Adapter, no Audio and Xbox Accessories App doesn't exist in the Windows Store

I'm unable to find the Xbox Accessories App, which is a separate from the Xbox App, it doesn't exist in the Windows Store, under troubleshooting for the Xbox Wireless Adapter it says to download and install the Xbox Accessories App if it didn't install automatically.

Even after choosing "Headphones" and setting it as my default device it still won't output any system audio or game audio to through my controller and to my Xbox headset connected to the controller. When pressing the "mute" button it turns orange, and pressing up on the volume and reaching the max level makes a beep to let you know you've reached the limit. So the headphones are detected and they work, just can't get the system audio/game audio to work.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Hey there, Sam! The Xbox Accessories App releases on 10/27, when the Xbox Elite Controller releases. I understand that the steps say it should install already, but it won't install until it is available. Once that is out, give it a shot. If it's still not working for you, post back so that we can look into it further. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.