Xbox One / Windows 10 Streaming Issue

I'll start from the beginning... I had Windows 7 Home Premium edition installed on my desktop PC and recently upgraded to Windows 10 just over a week ago now. Being a big fan of the "idea" of streaming my console to my desktop I immediately updated everything and tested it out. Other than my choppy internet connection that I have at the moment which sits around 8mbps download (instead of the 18mbps is should be) everything seemed to run perfectly. Keeping in mind I'm only using it for Battlefield 4 at the moment which uses around 5-6mbps on average. Then a few days ago I believe something updated on my PC and now can only get a good stream for approximately 5-10 minutes before it turns to crap and becomes unplayable. My console is wired and my PC is wireless. Thought I would come to the forums to see if anyone else has this issue too. I also have a picture of my stream with the bandwidth usage going crazy jumping anywhere from 3mbps up to 18mbps even when it's just on a menu screen.

[View:http://s30.postimg.org/zdq6cca29/BF4_Bandwidth.jpg:550:720]

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

you will find its something going on with your network or your pc is updating in the background,

check and make suer you got nothing else running in the back ground.

downloads,updates, programs.

if you go to your xbox is everything still running fine?

i run mine wired direct to my modem and only lag / issues i get is when i start up and my wireless controller not connecting

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey mate,

I'd reccommend posting the problem in the support forums, specifically in the Windows section (which I've linked below). One of the support crew should hopefully be able to help you out with it :)

forums.xbox.com/.../5413.aspx

Cheers

Denaz

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah its a weird one. You could talk to you ISP about the problem, they can sometimes be helpful in these sorts of situations (I have found). Its not the first person you talk to though, usually they have to pass you on to someone else and some of those guys know their stuff.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately not and I would rather not have my xbox and pc next to eachother because that would defeat the purpose. I just can't figure out why it was working a week ago but not now...

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you wire your PC to your modem and see if it makes a difference?

Sorry this didn't help.