Xbox One will not power on

White light comes on and the power on noise happens, but the light goes out after about a second or two and nothing else happens. 

Had the same issue last night, but console eventually booted for first time and was on a couple of hours (including successful update). Tonight it just won't come on no matter how many times I try. No issue with power cables and I can see the amber light on the brick turn white when the light on the console comes on.

Hope someone can help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there, sorry you are having this problem. Is there anything you did last night before it started to work? Have you tried the stuff in this link support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on if not try the steps out then post back to see how it went.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't know if it was just dumb luck last night. I played Forza for an hour or so and turned the console off. I checked it could be turned back on with the controller and went to bed. Already tried that support article and it pointed me here amongst other places. Slightly annoyed that Microsoft don't have better availability on phone in the UK over launch weekend.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright then, the next step that can be advised is to go through these steps support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected Don't know how helpful it will be but try it, after that this is the last bit of advice before requesting a repair:

making sure the console is off

then unplug the power

unplug Kinect sensor

then with the sensor still unplugged try plugging back in the power and booting it back up

then plug in Kinect once it's on

Also try leaving the console unplugged for a full ten minutes, leaving it off for a while might be what worked last night. These are the steps that have been advised by official support and passed on to ambassadors. See how they work for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately I think it's a lost cause here.

So disappointed after no issues with either of the previous Xboxes. Maybe last Microsoft product I will purchase. Heard some horror stories already about getting a replacement. Certainly can't afford cost of replacement being held on my card whilst I send the faulty one back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem occurred with me and Best Buy had none in stock for an exchange. I filed a service order and chose the standard exchange that way my account would not be charged a hold. Hopefully I'll receive a fully functioning system this time around.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know what happened, but spoke to an MS customer rep for an hour on chat and it looked like the console wasn't going to work when I accidentally brushed the front of the console and it started up.

Have no idea what happened, but can't imagine the hardware  is damaged if it is running and downloading things. Will keep an eye on it and just return if it happens once or twice more.

Sorry this didn't help.

The same happened to me console worked and was playing games then turned it of,came back later and would not turn back on,after trying all troubleshooting still nothing,so i pushed the power sensor maybe 30 times then it turned on,now today i go to turn it back on again nothing not working,will be trying to exchange tommorrow or be looking for a refund of my money,going back to p.c gaming.

Sorry this didn't help.